Thursday, January 30, 2014

Smile "Manny"

Jon teased me every day when he took a ride ashore without me that he had seen a manatee. It would hang out at the dingy dock and come up to blow or snuff up air. I was so jelous of course.  I would ask of he got a picture but lamely he would offer up his pathetic phone with a sad picture of the water.  There may been a shadow that Jon claimed was the creature but I could see nothing. And Jon would go on and on, excitedly even, telling me how he watch the manatee and he would greet him with a snuff.  ???? Sooo, I was determined not be outdone and perhaps get a greeting myself. So being laundry day (another whole story..it seems to take all day) I went with Jon ashore. There was no manatee. Ok we'll check later. Sure enough there is a couple pointing looking at a light shadow and then he/she came up. And there were two of them and they would lounge along and then come to the surface and and well they would snuff. Yeah that's what I said, snuff.  But I have pictures to prove it. 

 Ok there is the shadowy look before they surface. 

Just peaking out to "snuff"

          Underwater

Look closely under the boat. 

Here he is coming up...


          Oh, Manny you're so cute.  


No comments:

Post a Comment